Part Time Motor Traders Insurance

The ISIS Motor Traders Insurance team can help you find the cover that you need for your part time business

ISIS arrange Part Time Motor Traders Insurance that suits your business needs

Buying part time motor traders insurance shouldn’t be a headache. At ISIS we offer a flexible, fast service designed to keep your business on the road. For Feefo 5 star service, as rated by our clients, pick up the phone now. You could be on cover within 20 minutes.

  • We’re not a call centre. Don’t queue, get straight through.
  • Instant cover, instant documentation.
  • Flexible payment options.
  • Cover for wide range of motor trade businesses
  • Cover available for range of vehicle types
  • Designed for Part Time Motor Traders

Who needs Part Time Motor Traders Insurance

If you work part time in the motor trade – even if it’s just repairing or trading vehicles from home, you will benefit from the protection offered by a Part Time Motor Traders insurance policy.
Anyone who works in the motor trade can take out a policy. A Part Time Motor Traders policy is ideal for anyone who works in the trade but who also has other work. As long as you can demonstrate (typically with receipts, invoices and bank statements) that you are genuinely in the trade, we can get a policy arranged for you.

There is a wide range of business types within the motor trade. We can arrange a policy for a whole host of motor trade related activity:

  • Part time motor traders
  • Trading from home
  • Mobile mechanics
  • Valet
  • Bodyshop and carriage work

What cover does a Part Time Motor Traders Insurance policy provide?

A Part Time Traders Insurance policy can be flexed in a number of ways to suit your particular requirements. That said, at it’s heart, it’s likely that you will need Road Risk cover, which can be bought at Third Party Only, Third Party Fire and Theft, and Comprehensive levels. Road Risk insurance provides cover allowing you to drive your own vehicles that you may use for your work, as well as customer vehicle while they are in your care and custody. For example, you may wish to collect or return a customers vehicle to their home as part of your service, or need to drive their vehicle on the road for diagnostic purposes.

You may wish to buy demonstration cover where you are buying and selling cars. This is usually an ‘add on’ to Road Risk insurance, and allows customers to test drive vehicles before buying.

In addition to Road Risk insurance, you may wish to consider taking out other relevant business insurance cover, as appropriate. Insurance for tools and diagnostic equipment can be bought, as well as Public and Employers Liability insurance. Where you operate from commercial premises as a part time trader, you may want to buy business premises and contents cover as well.

Why choose ISIS Insurance to buy Part Time Traders Insurance?

ISIS is a well established, independent insurance broker specialising in business insurance for vehicle-centric companies. We offer discounts for new businesses as well as flexible payments terms. Our team of experienced brokers will be happy to discuss your Part Time Motor Trade Insurance requirements and arrange cover that is appropriate for you. In many cases, we can provide same day cover and documentation.

Other insurance products from Isis Insurance


Isis Insurance are specialist HGV Insurance brokers. Your single vehicle or haulage fleet insurance could not be in better hands. 

Goods in Transit

Protect the valuable goods you transport in the UK and Overseas with our bespoke goods in transit insurance policies. 


Isis Insurance provide the full suite of business insurance policies, from sole traders, SMEs through to large businesses.

Breakdown Cover

A breakdown can mean considerable time lost, money spent, and stress levels raised. Talk to us about our breakdown cover.