Road haulage insurance

The ISIS Insurance team can help you find the road haulage insurance cover
that you need!


Take the hassle out of buying road haulage insurance

Getting raod haulage insurance shouldn’t be a headache. At ISIS we offer a flexible, fast service designed to keep your business on the road. For Feefo 5 star service, as rated by our clients, pick up the phone now. You could be on cover within 20 minutes.

  • We’re not a call centre. Don’t queue, get straight through.
  • Instant cover, instant documentation.
  • Flexible payment options.
  • Discounts available for new ventures.
  • Discounts available for vehicles with fixed cameras.
  • Access to exclusive schemes you won’t find on the high street.

Who needs road haulage insurance?

Road haulage insurance is for anyone who operates a vehicle, carrying customers goods. Road haulage insurance offers protection for your vehicle and It must be arranged to reflect your particular needs.

Covers vary, but road haulage insurance should offer protection when you are carrying goods ‘for hire and reward’ on behalf of a third party – your customers.

There is a range of considerations to be made when buying road haulage insurance. For example, if you operate a van or lorry that’s under 3.5 tonnes, LGV cover may be appropriate. Conversely, vehicles over that limit may require HGV haulage cover.

Other considerations include the number of vehicles that you operate (it may be that a fleet policy would represent the best option for you), the amount of deliveries that you carry out in a normal working day and whether you operate in the UK only, or travel into the EU.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What else should I consider when buying road haulage insurance?

As an independent, specialist road haulage insurance broker, ISIS Insurance work with a wide variety of insurers, and the cover provided by a policy can vary significantly. However, here are some examples of other insurance you may need or wish to consider:

  • While Third Party insurance is the legal minimum requirement, this may not be sufficient to protect your vehicle. You may wish to consider comprehensive cover to ensure your vehicle is adequately protected.
  • Where you have drivers – either employees operating your vehicles or for example, even if only working part time or casually, by law you are required to arrange employers’ liability insurance.
  • It’s worth considering public liability insurance. You’re delivering goods and there can be hazards even when your lorry is parked up. If an accident happened when unloading and a passing member of the public were injured, you could face costly legal bills as well as have to payout compensation. For this reason, you should consider arranging public liability insurance, too.
  • Goods in transit insurance – sometimes referred to as GIT insurance – will provide cover for customers goods you may be carrying if they are damaged or stolen. Often, this will be a contractual obligation under the terms of your customer contract.
  • Breakdown cover is often arranged to provide roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown.

No matter what you need from your haulage insurance, ISIS insurance is here to help you find the Road haulage insurance that suits your individual needs.

Why choose ISIS to arrange my road haulage insurance cover?

ISIS Insurance is a specialist haulage broker. We have extensive experience arranging appropriate insurance cover for a range of businesses operating haulage vehicles. With exclusive, not to be found on the high street policy options, we’re here to take the hassle out of getting the insurance cover you need.


Our Awards

ISIS Truck Insurance Broker UK Awards
ISIS HGV Insurance Broker UK Awards